Blacksmithing Coal - 50 lb. (Pea Size)
- Buy 40 for $23.00 each and save 8%
Premium Met. Grade Bituminous Blacksmithing Coal.in PEas size for easier lforge lighting
**Extra shipping time may be required**
Metallurgical Grade Bituminous Blacksmith Coal
**Pea size is smaller and also tends to have more fines. Fines are still considered coal and will clump, coke and burn.
Coal Fines. from U.S. Energy Information Administration Glossary of Terms (1969) by U.S. Energy Information Administration. Coal fines: Coal with a maximum particle size usually less than one-sixteenth inch and rarely above one-eighth inch.
From the Pocahontas #3 seam, mined in SE West Virginia.
- Size: Pea 1 x 3/8
- Moisture: 1.48%
- Ash: 7.12%
- Sulfur: .75%
- BTU/lb: 14,373
- BTU/lb: 15,724 (dry, ash-free)
- Volatile Matter: 18.63%
- Fixed Carbon: 79.62% (dry ash-free)
- Free Swelling Index (Coke Button): 9
- Lbs sulfur per million BTU: 0.52
- Pickup in 50 lb poly-woven bags or shipped in same bag split inside carton
Coal analysis report by Geochemical Testing, Somerset, PA.