NOTICE: We will have no power at our offices and store on WEDNESDAY, MARCH 29, 2017 for part of the day.   Our phones will also be affected by these electrical repairs being in our area. 

You have no items in your shopping cart.

Product was successfully added to your shopping cart.

One of the most common top and bootom sets are called fullers.  The term "fuller" comes from the cloth making industry where round ended beaters are used on cloth to loosen thread fibers. This made the cloth softer and "fuller". The process probably predates metal working by thousands of years.  In smithing a fuller is a tool with a round or parabolic "nose" that is driven into the hot metal.

Than there is the round swage.  Round swages are for making a round area truer after the initial forging process.  Commonly used in the mortise and tenon process of joinery, but can be useful for many other processes

Flatters are also common in this category.  As the name says its for flattening.  Commonly used in knife-making to get and area of the blader flat. Often used to make and offset more precise and even and squareing of the corner od that offset.  

Click on the Pictures below for more information

Top & Bottom Tools

Set Descending Direction


9 Item(s)

Loading ...Load More ...
Set Descending Direction


9 Item(s)